February 18, 2010

City Mom..

Hello, internet! My name is Wendi and I am an absolute city girl at heart. I thrive off of the simple and smallest things in life; local book stores, warm hugs, city park benches for sitting, green grass for picnics, reading, snuggling, babies!, iced caramel macchiatos, DIY projects, crafty things, and mid-century furniture collecting... I could go on and on... but, even more important than all of those things put together, the very core of my being, is my family. My husband and I met in high school. After 7 beautiful years together, and on a warm summer day, we gave birth to a beautiful little boy named Ethan. Words could never express how seeing that little guy for the first time made us feel - instantly our world was a little brighter, our purpose a little clearer, and our hearts...how they began to overflow with such a love that we had never felt before. Although we did not know it at the time, our little Ethan would only be with us for a short while. At exactly 3 months and 15 days old, he passed away in his sleep, suddenly and unexpectedly. To us and his doctors, he was a normal, happy and healthy baby; but in what felt like a mere blink of an eye, he was gone from us. Losing him was beyond devastating and the grief that followed was something that life could have never prepared us for. We also went on to try again, and two and a half years later, we gave birth to baby boy #2 -- Quinn! At now 8 months old, he is definitely keeping us busy in the most wonderful of ways. As Carrie mentioned, having Quinn in our arms certainly has helped to fill some of the emptiness in our arms from losing Ethan, but truth be told, you can never replace a child that has been lost. Having others who understand what you are going through, all while providing a positive influence, is so very important. Carrie has been that person for me, and I don't know what I would do without her. --- Well, that is me in a nutshell - just a simple twenty-something girl, meeting life's challenges one by one, all while trying her darnedest to come out on the other end a better, wiser person.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendi,
    I am so incredibly thankful I found your blog today! I recently lost my son Cooper to SIDS at 3 months and 14 days on January 17th of this year. Your blog seems to be the only one I can find that is written by mothers of children taken by SIDS specifically.

    Today marks what would have been Cooper's six month birthday, and we are having a pretty rough day. I am so thankful that I found your blog. I would love to talk with you and Carrie sometime about your experiences, but until then keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so blessed to visit this site today. On March 30th 2009 we lost our beautiful Ella Sofia, she was 1 year old. She is missed and adored beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sit here in tears as I read your website. I lost my 3rd daughter, Jessica, to SIDS on August 17, 2009 (we just rec'd the death cert the other day confirming SIDS) Oh what a long 7-1/2 months it has been for my family & I. Jessica was born May 15, 2009 so she was 3 mos 1 day old when she passed away. In little more than a month it will be her 1st birthday. I miss her sooo much and the support and therapy do not take the hurt or lesson the pain even at this point. My other two daughters Alyssa,4, and Mikayla, 2 are incredible and what keeps me getting up every single day. My husband is my rock and I don't know what I would do without him. I am a little older than you but at 36 I am so so lost without my whole family, she completed our circle and I don't know where to go from here. I thought I had it all figured out but in the blink of an eye my whole life changed forever. I haven't been able to find many women in my situation in my area of Long Island NY so thank you for your site and sharing.

    ReplyDelete